Jump to content

Warhammer 40k is straight fire


B1ue Team Sucks
 Share

Recommended Posts

During this pandemic I started looking into a new hobby to have something to do. I always saw the 40k mini figures when i went into my local game shop when i went to look at board games or DnD stuff with my friends but never went deeper into it. I should of looked into this sooner because this is the most hardcore over the the top shit i have ever read. This Universe makes Halos look like a bitch. If you thought a Spartan II was scary look up what a Space Marine goes through and what they can do. On top of the augmentations are crazier. The primary rounds for their standard guns are needed in their universe but overkill in any other. The standard assault rifle in halo fires 7.62 fmj. In 40k the standard Space Marine gun called a bolter shoots .75 caliber and its rocket propelled so it is basically an automatic rocket launcher. For none gun people like myself i put a chart to give you an idea of the size of bullets.

 

40k Bolter -  https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Bolter

Halo AR -  https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/MA5C_Individual_Combat_Weapon_System

 Space  Marines - https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Space_Marines

Halo Spartan IIs -  https://halo.fandom.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_Program

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 4.10.18 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Senior Operative

Senior Operative

  • [1] JUNIOR ENLISTED
  • [5] COMPANY GRADE OFFICER

I feel like 40ks universe is a bit over the top though. I personally love the games like death wing. But from a story stand point a scifi universe like 40k is generally extreme. Starwars is a fantastic scifi story, same with halo. There's also a discussion by generation tech where they have tried to figure out which universes "space marines" are the best as well as their navies. Personally i think star wars is the best to read, watch or play. But every one has different standards for the genre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason L Lewis said:

I feel like 40ks universe is a bit over the top though. I personally love the games like death wing. But from a story stand point a scifi universe like 40k is generally extreme. Starwars is a fantastic scifi story, same with halo. There's also a discussion by generation tech where they have tried to figure out which universes "space marines" are the best as well as their navies. Personally i think star wars is the best to read, watch or play. But every one has different standards for the genre.

I thought you were going to bed unless you did. Star Wars is great in the the sense of its still grounded and has fun with it while 40k is the most over the top almost anime like OP levels of shit that just makes it the most overkill sense of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Senior Operative

Senior Operative

  • [1] JUNIOR ENLISTED
  • [5] COMPANY GRADE OFFICER

I feel like the aesthetic of warhammer is kinda weird. Their navy literally operates floating castles as ships. And they have floating kingdoms in some of the rts games. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jason L Lewis said:

I feel like the aesthetic of warhammer is kinda weird. Their navy literally operates floating castles as ships. And they have floating kingdoms in some of the rts games. 

you are not wrong. depending on what race we are talking about in 40k one of them straight up just live on ships because their home planet got fucked up but in the sense of the Space Marines they need ships like that to combat Xenos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Senior Operative

Senior Operative

  • [1] JUNIOR ENLISTED
  • [5] COMPANY GRADE OFFICER

Wouldnt a more conventional warship be better. The ISD I and II are designed in a way all capital ship weapons are able to fired from the ship if its oriented towards the target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jason L Lewis said:

Wouldnt a more conventional warship be better. The ISD I and II are designed in a way all capital ship weapons are able to fired from the ship if its oriented towards the target.

I have not looked enough into the ships of 40k to make an argument

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...