Jump to content

Universal Studios Osaka vs. Orlando


Accessing
 Share

Recommended Posts

Junior Supervisor

Junior Supervisor

  • [7] FLAG OFFICER

I've had an amazing time staying in Osaka, Japan this past weeekend to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and having been to both the Japan amusemeent park and the US, Florida one I think its time to really sit down and compare the two. 

Want to first and foremost say that as an american first their is bias here. If there was a TLDR; the US one is far better and you are not missing out on anything. 

Main differences

  • Anime 
    Attack on Titan ride replaces "Space Fantasy" or Universal Studios version of the Space Mountain ride, I can't recall any other anime rides but there is a ton of movies/viewing shows of HunterxHunter and Detective Conan, Sailor Moon and I forgot if anything else was there. The Detective Conan had a mystery game to solve that required walking around the park which was cool, but if I remember correctly there is something similar in Orlando.
     
  • Less Rides, Park is significantly smaller 
    Kind of odd to think about but the scaling is the same for areas like the Harry Potter, its just stuff is missing in Japan where there is a place for it stateside. Specifically, Japan has the Hogwarts castle and Hogsmeade town but its missing Diagon Alley and the breathing Dragon there, I'm not aware of any sort of exclusive goods here too than popcorn buckets which are often bought out and resold stateside. 
     
  • Nintendo World, 3 rides and a ton of mini-games easter eggs. Fun for late millenials but I don't think its really all that adult friendly. Too many kids everywhere for me. Mario kart jet coaster is fun, but fun because its brand new, the graphics and all of that was nice especially since most rides are now severely outdated. 

I don't expect many to come to Japan for Universal but if its something you thought of this is just my opinion and you should definitely just experience it for yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • [R] RESIGNED

Have you been to any Disney parks in the U.S.? I know the last time I was in Tokyo they were developing a Disney World right there with Disney Land and Disney Sea. I haven't been to Tokyo Disney Land so I can't compare it to the Disney Land that I went to in California, and Tokyo Disney Sea is the only one in the world so I cant really compare that to anything here in the states. Hopefully I'll be on my way to Japan in 2024 after I graduate.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Field Agent

Field Agent

  • [7] FLAG OFFICER
On 6/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, Accessing said:

any sort of exclusive goods here too than popcorn buckets which are often bought out and resold stateside. 

All popcorn buckets are exclusive to Japan. 

You also really did not enjoy Nintendo World? I liked it, the interactive wrist band is actually a coy to spend more money. You do not need to be a kid to do the interactive bits around the world. My only thing I did not like was that despite it being new it does not include any Luigi Mansion or mentions of Daisy and Super Mario Galaxy which I would have thought had potential for story and rides. I was there before COVID lockdown too and it was crowded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Junior Supervisor

Junior Supervisor

  • [7] FLAG OFFICER
On 6/10/2022 at 10:09 AM, DSB Nemesis said:

Have you been to any Disney parks in the U.S.? I know the last time I was in Tokyo they were developing a Disney World right there with Disney Land and Disney Sea. I haven't been to Tokyo Disney Land so I can't compare it to the Disney Land that I went to in California, and Tokyo Disney Sea is the only one in the world so I cant really compare that to anything here in the states. Hopefully I'll be on my way to Japan in 2024 after I graduate.  

Its been forever so I really can't say much about the US parks. All of Disney's resorts though are generally nice and different around the world. I don't know if its all a copy 1:1 to the original in California. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Junior Supervisor

Junior Supervisor

  • [7] FLAG OFFICER
2 minutes ago, ADM S Osman said:

You also really did not enjoy Nintendo World? I liked it, the interactive wrist band is actually a coy to spend more money. You do not need to be a kid to do the interactive bits around the world. My only thing I did not like was that despite it being new it does not include any Luigi Mansion or mentions of Daisy and Super Mario Galaxy which I would have thought had potential for story and rides. I was there before COVID lockdown too and it was crowded. 

I stopped playing Mario to know anything about the recent games. Tried playing with my girlfriend but she would rather sit on Tiktok than hop platform to platform. There was some stuff there I didn't recognize don't know if it could have been part of a newer game or something. Isn't Daisy like Luigi's daughter or something like that. She is like an alternate reality identity? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...