ONI

Restructuring Units in Soldier Management System

It's come to the attention that having too many units will actually break this app. We have an open dialogue with the developers and are requesting answers to some of the problems but it may be best to reorganize the application to be representative of each units parent unit for now and have the chain of command broken down in the app itself. 

Ideally, this app is used for Arma units. Where the site and basis of it is all one singular entity. We could boil ONI down to this but it'll have to be a discussion with intelligence elements who may want their efforts and members to be unrecognizable to keep OPSEC. 

I'm going to quickly breakdown ONI's set up again for newer people. 

BRANCH, COMMAND, SUB-COMMAND, DIVISION, UNIT, SUB-UNIT, TEAM

For visual learners.

1. BRANCH
  2. COMMAND
  3. SUB-COMMAND
  4. DIVISION
  5. UNITS
  6. SUB-UNITS
  7. TEAMS

This is what a chain of command would look like for the ship UNSC SONG OF THE EAST. 

UNSC NAVY, NAVCOM, FLEETCOM, EXPEDITIONARY STRIKE GROUP-1, UNSC SONG OF THE EAST, 

1. BRANCH UNSC NAVY
  2. COMMAND NAVCOM
  3. SUB-COMMAND FLEETCOM
  4. DIVISION, EXPEDITIONARY STRKE GROUP-1 (ESG-1) 
  5. UNITS, UNSC SONG OF THE EAST
  6. SUB-UNITS, CREW/COMPLEMENT
  7. TEAMS, COMBAT TEAM ALPHA

The suggested change is that we use Divisions as the 'unit' in PERSCOM's application

What would the suggested change look like? Using your visual example, would it be removing 5, 6, and 7 or just 5? 

3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

What would the suggested change look like? Using your visual example, would it be removing 5, 6, and 7 or just 5? 

It would be starting from 4 onward. To be more relative to the UNSC Razor it would look like this. 

4. DIVISION, INTELLIGENCE SUPPORT ACTIVITY 

5. UNITS, UNSC RAZOR

6. SUB-UNITS, 11TH MFR/ODST

7. TEAMS, FIRE TEAM ALPHA

So instead of being organized as "UNSC Razor" in PERSCOM you'll see you are under Intelligence Support Activity. I kind of chose this naming convention actually last night. I hate to add to the 100s of other names for stuff here but it just kind of suited what the UNSC Prowler Corps. is and I didn't want to just call it "Prowler Fleet." 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_Support_Activity ] It is tasked to collect actionable intelligence in advance of missions by other special operations forces.

I like the fact that if everyone used perscom, you can see what ship they are under but if that aspect is breaking the app, I guess it can't be helped. I think its an ok naming convention and works well for what the Prowler Corps duties are since they are steath ships.

[https://www.halopedia.org/Prowler]