ONI

<:// - Ghost Of December [ Dishonorable Discharged ]

Originally i was going to medically discharge this person as clearly he has some major issues. But what followed after we told him in more of abrupt way he decided to bring up his homophobic "opinion" (hate speech) onto the reason why we planned to medically discharged. The reason why we decided to medically discharge him was due to his clear mental state in his leadership position when asked to be active after him asking to lead 2 weeks prior and showing 0 activity. He then proceeded to say in his fireteam chat (which i am in also) that he has literally cancelled everything that day including going to his sisters birthday in response to what i asked him (to show more activity over the next 2 weeks). This is clearly an over exaggeration and is not expected of anyone. He has done this before where he tries to guilt trip and make himself look like the victim by over exaggerating what we have asked of him or out right just stops doing it. 

The homophobic "opinion" happened a few days back again in the fireteam chat what started out as messing around turned into very serious, very hateful homophobic tendencies which included "shooting them up if they get in his face". I gave him one and final warning that if ever he spoke like that again in any clan scenario he will be discharged in which he incited that i was infringing on his free speech which then i directed him to our rules. 

So to follow up this is why he is being dishonorably discharged as he decided to accuse us for doing this cause of his views on gays, plus his lack of respect to higher ups, subordinates and all round people. 

People like this do not deserve to represent the clan and i will not tolerate this kind of intolerance on my ship. 

He is accusing myself and morris of abusing our power like many other have done in the past whenever things don't go there way. All his roles have been taken from him in the discord to avoid drama. I also believe he has reached out to @Shawn4Japan. Screenshots will be below. 

Lastly the request to improve activity was asked form all fireteam leaders not just him. But he took personally in other words of a wise man called Kilkin this man is emotionally compromised. 

Rules he broke:

Code of conduct:
III. Unit Etiquette 3.1, 3.2, 3.8

Core Values:
SECOND CORE VALUE
Rule following, Respect for others,
Discipline and self-control: 
"Anger Military professionals and especially commanders at all echelons are expected to refrain from displays of anger that would bring discredit upon themselves and/or the staff.
Diverse Toleration Military professionals must remember that religious choice, lifestyle, sexuality, etc is a matter of individual conscience. Professionals - and especially commanders - must not take it upon themselves to change or corrosively influence the religious views, lifestyle, sexuality, etc of subordinates."

Agent Handbook:

GENERAL BEHAVIOR Good behavior is expected of OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE operatives at all times. The following will not be tolerated: - Racism - Sexism - Ableism - Homophobic statements towards other members - Harassment of members (directly or passive aggressively)

SENSITIVE SUBJECTS We ask that members do not make topics, or chat conversations based on Religious and/or Political matters in areas they cannot speak on, lack thereof or inappropriate channels. 

Do not create a gamertag, motto, or bio that references controversial religious topics, notorious people, organizations, or sensitive current or historical events that may also be considered inappropriate.

DRAMA Drama is a term we use for the following situations: - Creating "alliances" and rifts within the community (us against them) - He/She said, spreading misinformation and anonymizing sources.

Signed, 

Captain of the UNSC Razorunknown.png?width=1147&height=645

image.thumb.png.c15004b477480b679b542920d36b366d.pngimage0.png?width=363&height=644image.thumb.png.0e61124a9217af925cab29aa8da8a814.png
image1.png?width=363&height=644image.thumb.png.2b9e2208061fdb1c1417f52deb7eb355.pngimage.thumb.png.33bd6741d68553fd4d1956a2877d272f.pngimage.thumb.png.16e5d0877859693b4e7542935b324fcf.png

To follow up on this, it’s not his personal opinion of homosexuality that is in question as everyone is entitled to their own views. The main situation here is his violent reaction towards it as well as refusing to privately message an officer due to them being a homosexual which is a conflict of their position. Additionally, December’s open hatred and violent views of homosexuality might intimidate those below him in his Fireteam or below his spectrum of power which could also inflict a conflict of interest and lead to hazing. 

Any service members of the ONI should be held to standards of respect, maturity and tolerance of other individuals despite personal beliefs in a professional Roleplay setting.

2nd Lieutenant The Mr Morris (Alexander Morris)
Commanding Officer within the UNSC Army 34th Infantry Brigade
UNSC Army, UNSC 34th Infantry Brigade//

That is very unfortunate GhostofDecember had a lot of promise in the clan, I know he was eager to rise up the ranks and really be involved, where a warning I would think suffices it looks like a warning was already given. You noted 3 different purpose-made documents that very well outline where he's crossed what is unacceptable behavior. I hope finds the time to reflect on his actions and apologizes. 

I think a Dishonorable Discharge is harsh but the discharges really all mean the same thing at the end of the day. If he cannot come around and be corrected, teachable member that wants to better himself I can only see this becoming a problem in another clan. 

If at all possible, confront him. Why does he hate homosexuals, does he have an argument? or is this just irrational low IQ thought. If he has an argument take it apart, show him where he's wrong in that argument and continue. The more people we can challenge their thoughts over stupid shit like this and have a chance of actually provoking their thinking to understand that they are idiots the better we look as a community, the better we can all be in leadership and the better we altogether fight ignorance online. Communication is key but for now he definitely should be discharged for his actions. 

If you're reading this @GhostOfDecember good luck to your future endeavors and no hard feelings. We have a standard to keep, it's nothing personal. 

• ADM S Osman changed the title to <:// - Ghost Of December [ Dishonorable Discharged ]

Seems a shame to lose anyone willing to be active if what Shawn was saying about Ghost was accurate. But if they can't adequately conceal their personal feelings or at least keep their mouth shut and be professional after receiving the warnings shown above, there really isn't a choice.

Also, it's odd that he seems to think that his freedom of speech is sanctified by the US Bill of Rights in an international, private, organization. Maybe no one has explained this to him? Truly makes me wonder if he is just generally unintelligent like Shawn postulated lmao 

...I suppose we do share our namesake with a United States Defense agency though. /s

@Gregor Adrik Here's the thing i gave him a fireteam leader role because i saw said potential shawn stated he also was 'more' active than most but as soon as i put him in that role. He did nothing. Life is a thing of course but 2 weeks straight saying he will do stuff then doesn't says it all really. He was all bark no bite honestly.

On the topic of international law id like to state he was spouting constitutional American rights to an Irish man. He also said at point in time "I don't understand the American language" this is when i corrected his grammar on a recruitment post due to it not making sense in which he disagreed. Again i feel like this says alot for his demeanour. 

Edited by Harry Cramb
16 hours ago, Harry Cramb said:

@Gregor Adrik Here's the thing i gave him a fireteam leader role because i saw said potential shawn stated he also was 'more' active than most but as soon as i put him in that role. He did nothing. Life is a thing of course but 2 weeks straight saying he will do stuff then doesn't says it all really. He was all bark no bite honestly.

On the topic of international law id like to state he was spouting constitutional American rights to an Irish man. He also said at point in time "I don't understand the American language" this is when i corrected his grammar on a recruitment post due to it not making sense in which he disagreed. Again i feel like this says alot for his demeanour. 

Well then this loss might not be so much of a shame haha

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.